2014. szeptember 4., csütörtök

Faded Charme - Metalwork / Megkopott Báj - Fémmunkák


I thought it’s time to start stocking up to my next fair, the Kensington Winter Festival (29 November 2014, London, Kensington Town Hall). I plan to surprise my audience and bring a lot more metal items with me than usual.
I soldered together the first item on the weekend: a vintage white single bed. Made of steel and iron with silver soldering. I choose a simple fabric to the mattress, which harmonizes well with the faded charme of the bed.  Faded charme – yes. This is the name of the new line of metal furniture I will introduce on the winter festival. Which means, more will follow in the upcoming weeks.
I tried two different pillows with it, first a feminine pink Toile de Jouy, which gives it soft and plush elegance, then a manly owl design by Voysey, which leaves a more darker – and in my eyes – definitely not feminine impression.
 






 

Bed’s size: 15 x 7,8 cm, height: 10 cm (headboard)

I hope you like it,

have a nice week(end),

Orsi
 
***********
Úgy gondoltam éppen itt az ideje megkezdeni a felkészülést a téli Kensington Festival-ra (2014. November 29. London, Kensington Town Hall). Terveim szerint jóval több fémmunkával lepem meg a közönséget, mint a korábbi években.
A hétvégén elkészült az első darab: egy egyszemélyes fehér vintage ágy, acélból és vasból ezüst hegesztéssel. Egy visszafogott mintájú darabot választottam matracnak, ami jól harmonizál az ágy megkopott bájával. Megkopott Báj – igen. Ezt a nevet kapta az új bútorsorozat, amit a téli fesztiválon mutatok be először a közönségnek. Ami azt jelenti, hogy a következő hetekben több poszt következik az apróságokról.
Két különböző stílusú párnával próbáltam ki, az első egy nőies rózsaszín Toile de Jouy (jouy-i kelme), ami puha, plüssös eleganciát kölcsönöz, majd egy férfias bagoly mintával Voysey-tól, ami sötétebb – és az én szememben – határozottan nem nőies hatást kelt.
Az ágy méretei: 15 x 7,8 cm, magasság: 10 cm (fejvég)
Remélem, hogy tetszik.
Szép hetet/hétvégét,
Orsi
 
 
 

2 megjegyzés:

  1. Oh Yes I certainly DO like it! The elegance and the simplicity of the bed frame is Wonderful, Very Versatile, and although both pillows are lovely to look at, I think that it would be a good idea to make EXTRAS of the pink toile pillows for the Kensington show because pink Always sells, and pink toile should be a Sell Out! :D

    elizabeth

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Me encanta,es un diseño tan fino que lo hace aún más elegante!!!
    Besos.

    VálaszTörlés