2012. február 5., vasárnap

Entrance door / Bejárati ajtó

3 weekends, 70 hours of work = 1 finished and installed French door in my Salon de Thé.

Making the door was far more labour intensive than I thought before. Now I have sore fingers and aching back and neck, I can’t even count how many tiny pieces of wood were cut and glued into place, how many slim wooden rod was painted all over again. But one door is finished and looks ok for me. I have 3 more French windows and one more French door to make, but now I do not even want to think of how much time they will take to make. I usually don’t complain because of work, but this was a unique experience. I have to take some days off, working with clay and collect enough strength to start again.











Just a silly „joke”: I decided to drink a glass of milk some hours ago and when I brought it back to the fridge, I had a look at the carton and read the following text: Made by Fimo Food Kft. I just stared, then realized it is actually Fino Food Kft.. Maybe it’s time to make Fimo food J

See you soon,
Orsi

******************
3 hétvége, 70 órányi munka = 1 elkészült és beszerelt franciaajtó a teaszalonban.
Az ajtó elkészítése sokkal keményebb munka volt, mint azt korábban gondoltam. Most sajognak az ujjaim, fáj a hátam és a nyakam, megszámolni sem tudnám mennyi apró fadarabot vágtam le, és ragasztottam a helyére, mennyi vékony falécet festettem le újra és újra. De egy ajtó végre elkészült, és elégedett vagyok vele. Még három franciaablakot és egy franciaajtót kell elkészítenem, de most még csak gondolni sem akarok arra, hogy mennyi időbe fog telni megcsinálni. Általában nem panaszkodom a munka miatt, de ez most különleges tapasztalat volt. Szükségem van néhány szabadnapra, egy kis Fimo-val való munkára és erőgyűjtésre, hogy folytatni tudjam.
Egy ostoba „vicc”: néhány órája elhatároztam, hogy iszom egy pohár tejet. Mikor a dobozt visszavittem a hűtőbe, ránéztem, és a következő feliratot olvastam rajta: gyártja a Fimo Food Kft. Csak bámultam, aztán rájöttem, hogy az valójában Fino Food Kft. Talán itt az ideje egy kis Fimo étel gyártásnak J

Hamarosan jövök,
Orsi

6 megjegyzés:

  1. You did a great job with the door!
    Hugs

    VálaszTörlés
  2. I love the door, if its not too much trouble can you take photos of the process?


    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    VálaszTörlés
  3. Hello Marisa,

    sorry, but it is such a hard work to make and takes so much time, that I don't take photos about the different phases. Just imagine, it took 70 hours to make, and it is only one single door (ok, actually it is a double door...). The completed door contains more than 100 individual pieces of wood, cut, sanded and painted.

    Cheers,
    Orsi

    VálaszTörlés
  4. You are doing an amazing, stunning, fantastic, incredible work !
    I am just speechless !
    Bravo, bravo, bravo !!!

    VálaszTörlés
  5. Merci beaucoup Marie-Laure!

    To be honest I like France so much (at least the parts of France where I was lucky to spend some time) that working on a French piece give me great pleasure despite of the fatigue I feel sometimes when I work 10-15 hours on it. I hope that the interior will be acceptable too :)
    My dad is an architect and he likes it too with all the architectural details, so I'm quite proud of it :)

    Orsi

    VálaszTörlés